Search

We’ve done some analysis on how people use our internal search engine. Hereby follows a list of the top 20 words used to find stuff within the BBC. This top 20 totals a mere 18% of search requests; the other 82% is presumably even more random (I have one of my team looking at it at the moment – I think they’re going to be gone some time).

As you can see we have some wonderfully named systems in the BBC, which seemingly need to be tracked down pretty regularly by their users.

1. google 2. elvis (not Presley – Elvis is the name of our stills library) 3. journalism portal 4. my details (mis-spelling of myDetails)
5. autorot (access to recorded programmes) 6. siemens 7. expenses 8. webkiosk (scheduling of leave and people)
9. mydetails 10. davina (not McCall – this is an application that allows users to search for available media online). 11. pensions 12. p4a (critical post production paperwork application  – eh?
13. proteus (not a drug – or at least I don’t think so – something to do with music licensing I reckon – the actual website doesn’t enlighten me) 14. pension 15. dv solutions 16. jportal (the brand name for the journalism portal)
17. training 18. fastclear (clearance of copyrighted material) 19. mydeals 20. jobs
Advertisements

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s